AP® Biology Teacher Resources
Free Resources for AP Biology Teachers
- AP Biology teacher website that can be used as an instructional resource for the science of evolutionary biology.
- This AP Biology teacher’s guide is a project of the University of California Museum of Paleontology (UCMP).
- YouTube channel that acts as an AP Biology teaching guide with videos that follow the course’s curriculum requirements.
- Presents topics in an engaging way that aligns explicitly with AP testing.
- AP Biology teacher resources that provide classroom materials based on peer-reviewed science.
- Provides data-rich activities, videos, case studies, and other forms of interactive media.
- AP Biology teacher website that provides concept explanations, visual aids, and more.
- Is best known for providing science video tutorials that have accumulated millions of views worldwide for over a decade.
- AP Biology teacher’s guide with film and computer-enhanced images of living cells and organisms.
- Remains current due to continuous annual updates for nearly thirty years.
- Popular youtube channel with a mission to “demystify science” with funny and engaging videos, GIFs, handouts, and more.
- Includes a biology playlist that lists a variety of life science videos for biology teachers.
- Online collection of biology and ecology thought experiments.
- Allows students to hypothesize, test, and revise computational models for AP Biology.
- Online AP Biology teacher’s guide with animations and visualizations of cellular and molecular processes.
- Allows students to explore three-dimensional renderings of various biological animations from the DNA Learning Center.
- Online AP Biology teacher resources with a wealth of information about all things related to genetics.
- Presents topics in an easy-to-understand way, complete with detailed images of the concepts.
Other Resources for AP Biology Teachers
AP Summer Institutes (APSI)
AP Online Workshops
Teacher Websites & Communities
There are a variety of social media platforms and websites that provide not only AP Biology teacher resources, but also a feeling of community. This list is by no means exhaustive, but we do recommend you check out the following:
- National AP Biology Teachers (Facebook)
- Biology Teachers (Facebook)
- Classroom 2.0
- Flipped Learning Global Initiative Community
- Teachers Connect
- Teachers Network
- The Current
- The Educator Collaborative
Other Paid Resources & Tools
Tips for Finding Quality AP Biology Teacher Resources
When discovering new resources to supplement your AP Biology lesson plans and instruction, it’s necessary to make sure they are trustworthy. Here are a few ways you can ensure your resources are high quality!
- Use resources produced by content area experts. AP educators, published journals, and educational resource companies are more credible than people who do not have a strong background in academics. For example, UWorld’s Learning Tools for AP Courses only include materials written by former AP educators and content area experts.
- Share resources with other educators in your district’s AP network. In addition to sharing resources with colleagues at your school, you can also network with other AP teachers in your district when you go to professional development sessions for your content area.
- Use textbooks. Many textbooks have online versions that allow teachers to find the resources they need, easily. Furthermore, digital versions of textbooks are more reliable than their printed counterparts since they are updated regularly.